Contact: Mike Saccone, Communications Advisor, NWF Action Fund, MikeSaccone@nwa.org, 202-797-6634
WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 9, 2022) — Across the country, voters affirmed up and down the ballot that they want elected leaders who prioritize policies that protect people and wildlife alike.
“Voters across the nation affirmed that they want leaders at the state, local, and federal levels committed to recovering wildlife, safeguarding our cherished lands and waters, and securing our outdoor heritage for future generations,” said Karla Raettig, executive director of the National Wildlife Federation Action Fund. “Even in these unsettled times voters are telling us they want leaders who prioritize solutions that protect people and wildlife alike.
“The National Wildlife Federation Action Fund endorsed a slate of Republican and Democratic wildlife champions this election cycle. Their victories affirm that our leaders need to come together and pass bipartisan solutions like the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act and the North American Grassland Conservation Act — and build off the innovative solutions of the past several years.”
The Action Fund’s endorsees who won include:
- Senator Michael Bennet (D-Colo.)
- Senator John Boozman (R-Ark.)
- Senator-elect Katie Britt (R-Ala.)
- Representative Shontel Brown (D-Ohio)
- Representative Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.)
- Governor Tony Evers (D-Wisc.)
- Senator-elect John Fetterman (D-Pa.)
- Representative Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.)
- Representative Raul Gallego (D-Ariz.)
- Governor Mark Gordon (R-Wyo.)
- Representative Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.)
- Senator Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.)
- Representative French Hill (R-Ark.)
- House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.)
- Representative Jared Huffman (D-Calif.)
- Representative David Joyce (R-Ohio)
- Governor-elect Wes Moore (D-Md.)
- Representative Lisa Blunt Rochester (D-Del.)
- Representative Frank Pallone (D-N.J.)
- Representative Maria Salazar (R-Fla.)
- Representative-elect Hillary Scholten (D-Mich.)
- Governor-elect Josh Shapiro (D-Pa.)
- Representative Mike Simpson (R-Idaho)
- Representative Elissa Slotkin (D-Mich.)
- Representative Chris Smith (R-N.J.)
- Representative Melanie Stansbury (D-N.J.)
- Representative Haley Stevens (D-Mich.)
- Senator John Thune (R-S.D.)
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D-Mich.)
The National Wildlife Federation Action Fund (a 501(c)(4) organization) works to raise the visibility of key conservation issues with voters and elected officials. Through grassroots action and focused legislative campaigns, the National Wildlife Federation Action Fund advocates for wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts from all walks of life and political stripes to ensure they have a voice in the democratic process.
To ensure a big tent for our shared conservation values, we remain fiercely bi-partisan and put conservation of our air, water, land and wildlife above political party. We believe in bi-partisan solutions, and welcome all who are stewards of the earth to join us. We advocate for natural resource protection, wildlife conservation and outdoor education to meet our top goals of protecting wildlife and wild places and connecting people with nature.
The National Wildlife Federation Action Fund is the sister organization to the National Wildlife Federation (a 501(c)(3) organization), America’s largest wildlife conservation organization. The National Wildlife Federation has been on the front lines for wildlife since 1936, fighting for the conservation values that are woven into the fabric of our nation’s heritage.